Saturday, January 21, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - 1/22/2012

Well, this was another crazy Oregon week! We had snow last weekend in town, but my work, which is really remotely located in the Cascades, had SNOW. We had a 2-hour late start Tuesday and Wednesday, so the roads could get plowed. Then, Thursday things started warming up to about 50 degrees, and all that snow started melting. That, plus the nonstop rain, caused flooding and threatened to wash out the road down from work, so my boss sent everyone home at 11:30 am. I didn't work a single full-day this week :)

Sunset: It's been so gloomy, we haven't had a sunset you could see all week, so I stole this one from Christmas day.

Black and White: After I got sent home from work for flooding, my dad, who was also off work, and I went for a drive to check out the flooding. The tiny little creek was filling pretty quickly, but rest assured, those houses were spared!

A Day in My Life: Rain, rain, rain.... I like how you can see our bushes in the backyard in each of the bigger raindrops!

Four: I've been waiting so patiently for this amaryllis to bloom, and it's getting there!

Colorful: I love, love, love Fiesta dishes!


Click the button for next week's words!



Second thing: My first "Oh Snap!" Friday challenge! Yeah snow!!

Happily Mother After

Oh, and vote right beneath here to help me figure out the favorite!

26 comments:

Kmcblackburn said...

Wow, those are some beautiful colors in that sunset!

Kathy

Saun said...

Nice , love the colorful bowls!

Kim Stevens said...

Wow, what a colorful sunset and a great set of four!

Unknown said...

Love those dishes!

Cedar said...

I love your creativity on your 4 shot! Beautiful colorful shot!

Seeing Each Day said...

Brilliant dishes and flower shot.

Stasha said...

Beautiful set, your flower is well worth waiting for!

Serline said...

Lovely Four and beautiful sunset. Happy Sunday!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Oh that is such a sunset! though I wouldn't fancy those rising creek levels - your picture looks so dramatic.

Don't worry about a theme for the colorme monday meme - any friendly viewing photo will do.

:) Rosie

Tamar SB said...

Your amaryllis is so pretty! I just planted mine and it's already growing like crazy! Great snow flakes too! And that sunset, wow!

Buckeroomama said...

Amazing colors in your Sunset! I love that shot of the creek, too... and the Fiesta bowls --I love those!

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a set- the sunset is gorgeous, I'm in awe of all that water & I adore the Fiesta ware.

Anonymous said...

Your sunset is beautiful! I hope the weather gets better for you soon. I grew-up in Beaverton....I know how fun the rain can be.

Sandi said...

I really like the photo of the raindrops!

Deanna said...

So sorry about all of your flooding. That creek looks mean. Love your fiesta bowls, so so colorful. Have a great week ahead!!

Michelle said...

Very creative with the abstract rain.

Wendy said...

Wow...I love your day in the life picture. What a creative way to capture your day this week. I can sympathize with the flooding, earlier this year we had major flooding in our area. We were one of the lucky ones with only a foot of water in our basement. Great set of pictures.

Michelle said...

Loving those dishes. Great job on the set of Four and your sunset shot is gorgeous.

Ashley Sisk said...

The colors in the first shot are incredible - love love love it.

Christine E-E said...

first time here... your colorful shot is the impetus I needed to get my camera out & post my Scavenger Hunt Sunday findings. Sometimes I need to look at other posts to get me going!

Seizing My Day said...

We have had crazy weather in Western Wa too! we are probably looking at over flowing creeks/rivers when all the snow/ice melts too! yikes!! Lovely shots! I'm esp. keen on the colorful ones! =)

Ida said...

Wow your Sunset shot was fabulous.
The BW shot of the flooding was pretty amazing.
Loved your 4 series.

Andrea Dawn said...

I have never seen a sunset quite like that. Awesome! Love the amarylis set of 4.

Valeria said...

Gorgeous sunset

T said...

I have nothing to post this week, but found your link from Scavenger Hunt Sunday. I just wanted to say that the sunset is one of the most beautiful photos I have seen! Fantasically captured! Love. It.

be blessed!

t

Unknown said...

Wow! That sunset is amazing! What a great set of photos. So glad you decided to link up at the Oh Snap! party. I can't wait to see more from you in the weeks to come. :)